Monday 3 April 2017

Pearl Jam

In this post I would like to talk a little about what I listent to recently and especially about one song which makes me feel diffrently every time I hear it.
Pearl Jam is an American rock band formed in Seattle in 1990. The history of Pearl Jam is quite complicated, but if it comes to the band's members, here there are: Eddie Vedder, Jeff Ament, Stone Gossard Mike, McCready, Matt Cameron, Boom Gaspar. What is interesting for me is their first album "Ten". "Ten" contained eleven tracks dealing with dark subjects like depression, suicide, loneliness and murder. For exemple the song "Jeremy" is inspired by a real story about a teenager called Jeremy who killed himself in front of class.


But I felt in love with the song "Last kiss" which in fact is a cover song. I can listen to this like a hundred times during the day and I'm still not bored with this moving melody and lyrics. I didn't search for a back story. For me it's enough when I hear "oh where oh where can my baby be" and I'm crying. I guess that I like it so much because of simplicity and credibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment