Saturday 25 May 2019

Eurovision

As everybody knows (I guess), recently we had a huge music event – Eurovision. First of all, I need to say that I’ve never been a zealous fan of this show due to two major reasons. I have never appreciated presented songs, because it was prepared, in most cases, on the basis of popular hits. In fact, it is nothing wrong, but authors of the songs are just trying too hard and by consequences, what they create is simply bland. If it comes to the songs, there is still one question that I don’t like. I think about choosing a current issues or problems, for instance feminism (like in this years song from North Macedonia). To be clear, I don’t criticize touching the problem in general – it is necessary to put it on the table and spread awareness. For me, it seems sometimes that people decided to take the topic just because it’s “popular” and people would like it and not because they really want to participate in discussion or want it to change. The second reason for which I don’t like Eurovision it’s voting. It’s seems that this contest isn’t about music, but politics. We can see this when neighbors countries vote for each other.

But this year, there were a couple of songs that I really appreciated. I want to share with you 2 of my favorites. 




No comments:

Post a Comment