Friday 17 March 2017

CRACOW

Recently I spend some time in Cracow visiting this outstanding city, so now I want to present you some monuments and districts which are the most impressive for me.



Firstly I want to say a few words about the district named "Nowa Huta", because even if it doesn't have this fancy look like old town, it's really interesing to visit this place and feel like everything is back in time to PRL.There is an opinion says that Nowa Huta is really dangerous. People wear tracksuits and they all have pitbulls and machetes. Maybe it's true, maybe not - I don't know. For me, important thing about Nowa Huta is the history standing behind this district.  Orginally it was created to be totally new city which would outshine Cracow. There were so many events just to show the others that "this place is alive and the best for living". There was also a big monument of Lenin and it was really hated by local society. It is a interesting experience to visit Nowa Huta.


The second district which I liked is Kazimierz. Historicaly speaking, Kazimierz was a place where two cultures cohabited with each other - the Jews and the Christians. Now Kazimierz is adorable because of delightful architecture and places created to spend time with friends :)
The last thing which I saw in Cracow is obviously the Old Town and the Dragon. But as you can see the most impressive for me it was Nowa Huta. 


3 comments:

  1. Hi Marta! I hope that someday I will have a chance to visit Cracow, maybe not Nowa Huta but Old Town and Kazimierz seems to be worth to see:) ~Love, Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  2. But Nowa Huta isn't as dangerous as people say and also there is something interesting to visit, so give it a chance! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been to Cracow yet, but I hope that soon I will get the chance to be there, it seems so gorgeous <3 I hope that you enjoyed your time there and had a lovely weekend! Any other Polish cities you would recommend to visit? ;)

    ReplyDelete