Sunday 26 March 2017

NEON

This time I want to share with you my little obsession about everything which is shining (and I don't mean that this post is going to be about glitter). This post is going to be about neon, and especialy about some artists who work with it. I have just found them and I thought that could be an interesting topic for my post. 



1. Dan Flavin
He is an american artist mainly famous because of his installation commercially available fluorescent light fixtures, born in 1933 and died in 1996.  He is said to be like Marcel Duchamp nearly 50 years earlier, because he was the first to introduce a neon to the art world.



2. Keith Sonnier
He is also an american artist who work mainly with neon and fluorescent lights and he is also one of  the precursors in using this special colorful lights. But in contrast to Dan Flavin (who worked also with painting), he was focused on his minimalistic performance, videos and lights. Here you have more information: Keith Sonnier



3. Tracey Emin
And the last artist is also least of all connected with neon. Tracey Emin tries probably every type of art, which are drawing, painting, sculpture, film, photography and neon text. Her works with neon are mostly designed for advertisement, so it looks a little banal, but I really appreciate it.


 Look at all of this wonderful neons! For me it looks like kind of magic - and it's the primarly reason why I really like it.




     

No comments:

Post a Comment