Tuesday 31 May 2016

why I like Poznań

I am from a little village in mazowieckie, really close to the capital of Poland, Warsaw – the city of the greatest university, of a huge number of places where students can spend some time. In Warsaw there are also so many interesting events, a lot of foreigner and of course polish people from whole Poland. The city is alive all the time. There are so many popular places, musicians, actors, politicians. All the people know Warsaw. It’s the biggest city in Poland. Warsaw is like a dream for some students or even for the rest, because there is always a work to find. For me it could be the best choice, because I have only an hour of journey from my home to Warsaw. To Poznań it takes a little bit longer – 5 hours. So what am I doing here?


 I never thought that one day I could live in Poznań. In secondary school I really liked the books series called “Jeżycjada” which is wrote by Małgorzata Musierowicz. The action of this book takes place in Poznań and I was so excited, I fell in love with Poznań even when I never was there. But I always heard “blah blah when you will start your study in WARSAW the world will be different” or “You must study in Warsaw because there are so many members of our family”. I said no, but in high school I was sure to study in this awful city. But I started to watch the videos, photos from Poznań and I read a blog the girl from here. I was a little bit obsessed about this city. I had to study here. And here I am. '


Why I like Poznań? First thing it is the people living here. I think they are the most polite people in whole Poland, seriously. They smile to me in the shop, they are always helpful when I ask them. In Warsaw people are always frustrated and angry, they don’t want to talk with others and they also think that they are the best in Poland, I suppose. Here, Live is calmer I think than in Warsaw. I like it soooo much, because I can’t stand to run every day, every hour and everywhere. At the end, I think that Poznań is the most beautiful city in Poland. Every day I take the tram, I look through the window and I say to myself “good choice”.









2 comments:

  1. I like Warsaw, but you're right Poznań is better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a similar situation and I also don't regret that I chose Poznan :)

    ReplyDelete