Friday 12 January 2018

"France's greatest international stars"

In this post I want to present you my way to find motivation to learn and recall why I have chosen French! Even if my feelings for this gorgeous language are extremely high, there is time when I hate it so much and I can’t stand listening to this. And here comes a very special person who makes me forget about these negative thoughts and who reminds me of reasons why I like to learn it. It won’t be a surprise, because it is not somebody not-known – on the contrary, she is wildly recognizable around the World. I know that all of you know her very well, but let me recall you her live and beautiful songs.

Edith Piaf. 



She was born in 19 December 1915 and died in 10 October 1963. Her original name is Édith Giovanna Gassion (Piaf which mean sparrow is just a nickname which she received 20 years later). Her childhood was really sad and full of disappointments, her later years was also plain of changes, depressing situations and also sickness and the end, but all of these events was an inspiration for her songs in which we can find love, loss and sorrow. I don’t want to resume her bibliography. There is a really enchanting movie describing her life and it’s called “La vie en rose” (which is the title of one of her songs). I encourage you to watch this (if you have never seen it) to have closer look on the greatest French chanteuse.





What I like about her is mostly her impossible to forge – “R”, because I am a little crazy about how French language sound and she do it the best. Also her moving songs which give me an impression of “that is so French”, which makes me, feel the ambiance of France. I just leave for you with some of my favorite songs of Edith Piaf to enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment