Sunday 21 January 2018

Website

Postcards. Does anybody even remember this way of communication? They are used by one strange family member to send Christmas wishes or greetings from some excursion. It’s only my point of view, but I think that most of people consider it useless. Now, we have much more ways of corresponding thanks to smartphones and access to the Internet whenever we want. It’s faster and more efficient. But form me sending postcards is more privet and has more importance, because we have to choose a special postcard carefully on thinking about person to whom this card will come. We have a words limit so we need to think a little bit longer about the message that we want to send. So generally, it requires more sacrifice.



A few years ago I found a really wonderful website named postcrossing.com where we receive an address from a random person from around the World and we have to send him or her postcard. You have to do this if you want to obtain a special card. What we know about these selected people is the name, nationality and anything they wrote in their description. Mostly it concerns their hobbies, free time, music perforations etc. and of course, information about what message they want to receive on your postcard (like something about your country, your culture or your hobbies).

I regret that one day I stopped this. It was an indescribable feeling to wait for a postcard, wondering from where it would come, who is the person who send me this, what he or she do for a living. My collection contains postcards from: Hong Kong, Japan (I forgot the name of the city), Ukraine, Germany, Sweden, Austria, Texas, Russia, Denmark and France. When I was choosing a person to who I will send a postcard, it wasn’t so different. I had a special luck for Russia and Germany. But it was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment